2017 IBSC Annual Conference
The Boys' Latin School of Maryland
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
25 – 28 June 2017
Terms and Conditions for Workshop Presenters
2017 IBSC Annual Conference
Workshop Proposal Submission Process Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms, conditions, and presenter benefits carefully before submitting a proposal.
Workshop Proposal Submission Process
- Completion of the submission form does not guarantee acceptance or that a workshop proposal will be presented at the IBSC Annual Conference.
- It is expected that all proposal submissions have been well thought out and are ready for presentation by the individual(s) identified in the proposal.
- The proposal submitter will serve as the primary contact for the purpose of this IBSC workshop.
- It is expected that the proposal submitter is directly connected to the proposal by serving as one of the workshop participants who will present the material, or works for/represents an individual who is named as the session presenter.
- Proposals will only be accepted for consideration if they are submitted through IBSC's Workshop Proposal Submission website. Proposals submitted in different formats will not be accepted for consideration. Incomplete session proposal forms cannot be considered for presentation.
- Co-presenter(s) must agree to all terms and conditions for participation.
- You must provide the co-presenter's name, title, organization, and valid email address.
- Submitter is responsible for communicating with co-presenter(s) regarding acceptance or rejection, deadlines, and all other submission details.
- We strongly recommend a maximum four (4) presenters per panel, including moderator.
- Upon receiving notice that your proposal has been selected for presentation at a specific IBSC event, IBSC will provide the presenter(s) with the event details and the event terms and conditions. Presenter(s) must agree to all requirements as discussed and agreed to by IBSC to be eligible to present at the designated event.
- For all accepted submissions, IBSC reserves the right to edit the title, description, and outcomes for promotional purposes and in accordance with the IBSC style guide.
- Following proposal acceptance, the IBSC team will contact all workshop participants with information regarding workshop scheduling and all details.
- It is expected that all presenters will adhere to the policies, procedures, and deadlines established. This will ensure that all information is posted and published in a timely manner for our attendees to view and help us meet all of your workshop needs.
- IBSC events are noncommercial forums. Under no circumstances may a presenter promote a product, service, or anything else representing monetary self-interest. Failure to comply will impact future consideration. Any questions regarding this policy or a specific presentation should be directed to the IBSC Associate Executive Director at ahart@theIBSC.org.
Each workshop room will have the following standard room set.
- Theater seating (20-25 seats)
- A podium
- A flip chart and markers
- LCD projector and screen that works with your computer. If using an Apple computer, please make sure to have the appropriate dongle.
IBSC is committed to providing outstanding professional development opportunities for our members and attendees. IBSC is fortunate to work with presenters who understand and remain committed to supporting IBSC and our member schools. This support provides the foundation for the IBSC to provide the depth and breadth of exceptional quality of education that our audience expects and the IBSC reputation represents.
One-hour workshop presenters are expected to:
- Obtain financial support from your school or organization for travel and expenses to attend the conference. The conducting of one-hour workshops is pro bono work. IBSC does not offer remuneration or honoraria to workshop presenters.
- Register for the conference by 1 April 2017.
- Make your own hotel and travel arrangements to Baltimore, for which you are financially responsible.
- Submit workshop materials to be posted on the IBSC website by 15 June 2017. All materials must be in PDF format.
- Serve as primary contact (if you are the lead presenter) and communicate all conference details, deadlines, and responsibilities with co-presenter(s).
- Bring and duplicate handouts if necessary. To save paper, IBSC encourages presenters to minimize whenever possible and post all handouts electronically.
- Receive from the IBSC your final workshop room assignment two weeks prior to the conference start date. IBSC reserves the right to change or adjust rooms and/or audio visual equipment at any time at its sole discretion.
Application Deadline and Notice of Decision
- The application deadline is 02 January 2017 at 5:00 PM EST.
- The IBSC will contact all individuals who submitted a workshop proposal with the status of their proposals after we have fully reviewed all proposals.
If you have any questions, please contact Amy Ahart at email@example.com.