Beyond Discovery: Investigation and Progress, Baltimore, Maryland, United States, 23-28 June 2017. Nominate one of your students to engage in this exciting international event designed specifically for boys in the penultimate year of high school. Held in conjunction with the IBSC Annual Conference, the IBSC Student Forum provides an opportunity for boys to investigate a complex problem, analyzing it from multiple viewpoints. The deadline for student nomination and application is 24 February 2017.
The goal of the IBSC is to support, advance and celebrate boys' schools as learning environments uniquely focused on the achievement, engagement and well-being of boys in their care. Our schools are devoted to the mission of supporting boys in all facets of their growth and education. As such, the IBSC is a truly global "learning community" for educators in boys' schools, and for those committed to the education of boys everywhere. Key programs include:
- Hosting an annual conference at a member school.
- Facilitating local conferences, workshops and events in all the global regions of the IBSC.
- Facilitating visits and tours by prominent speakers about boys and boys' education
- Coordinating Action Research in Boys’ Schools, a world-leading program that brings together teams of teachers who engage in action research project on teaching boys. The reports are published annually.
- Conducting and publishing research on teaching boys and on boys’ issues in education.
- Supporting a web-site for communication and posting of materials about the IBSC program and of relevance to member schools.
- Facilitating international teacher and student exchange in the IBSC community. The first Student Forum was held in conjunction with the 2013 annual conference, and has continued since then with great success as an annual conference counterpart.
The IBSC serves our members through:
- Professional Development
Vision: We aim to be the leading voice in boys’ education world wide, committed to sharing our knowledge and expertise with educators of boys everywhere
Join your colleagues for the IBSC conference on The Family-School Relationship, 10 March 2017, at Viaró Global School in Barcelona, Spain. Gather together to explore the importance of family participation in our educational environments. Register today. Designed specifically for those interested in pastoral and family care, this insightful conference gives Headmasters, Deputy and Assistant Principals, and other staff members the opportunity to study different methodologies and the importance of family participation in our schools.