IBSC seeks to support, advance, and celebrate boys’ schools as learning environments focused on the achievement of boys and advocates for boys’ education everywhere.
Founded in 1995, the International Boys' Schools Coalition is a nonprofit organization of schools dedicated to the education and development of boys worldwide, the professional growth of those who work with them, and the advocacy and advancement of institutions
—primarily schools for boys—that serve them.
- The current roster includes nearly 300 member schools from more than 20 countries and five continents. Nations represented include Australia, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, China, Ecuador, India, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Nigeria, Peru, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, Uruguay, United States, and Zimbabwe.
- IBSC members include day and boarding schools, primary and secondary schools, denominational and nondenominational schools, independent and state schools, and education professionals.
- Although IBSC is legally incorporated as a nonprofit organization in the United States, our global vision existed from the start. A board of trustees governs IBSC with international representation and regional vice chairs.
- The mailing address of the IBSC is 2000 Lee Road, Unit 242, Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States.
Our Primary Focus
Dedicated to enhancing the development of boys through education, IBSC strives to:
- Identify and share effective teaching philosophies to guide boys on their journey to manhood.
- Work with schools and educational leaders to equip boys with tools to enable lives of achievement, personal fulfillment, compassion, and leadership.
- Discover and share this knowledge among teaching professionals worldwide.
What We Do
Each year member schools host professional development events around the globe, including the flagship IBSC Annual Conference—considered the premier professional development experience for boys' educators.
IBSC strives to understand boys’ learning and development through research and seeks to improve practice, opportunity, and outcomes for boys worldwide.
Today IBSC and our global community of member schools team together to champion boys’ education.
Get more details on the many ways IBSC serves boys' educators worldwide.
At the heart of our work together is guiding boys on the journey to manhood for lives of achievement and fulfillment, compassion and justice, and service and leadership.