Founded in 1995, IBSC emerged from the meeting of a small group of school heads and professionals who shared a passion for boys’ education. The group soon grew into a larger community of educators who recognized the potential to champion the well-being and development of boys by enhancing learning environments.
From the start, IBSC has held a global view and currently includes several hundred member schools from over 15 countries across five continents.
Each year member schools host professional development events around the globe, including the flagship IBSC Annual Conference—considered the premier professional development experience for boys' educators.
IBSC strives to understand boys’ learning and development through research and seeks to improve practice, opportunity, and outcomes for boys worldwide.
Today IBSC and our global community of member schools team together to champion boys’ education.
Chairs of the IBSC Board of Trustees
- 1994–98: Richard Hawley, Headmaster, University School, Shaker Heights, Ohio, United States
- 1998–99: Brewster Ely, Headmaster, Town School for Boys, San Francisco, California, United States
- 1999–03: Bradford Gioia, Headmaster, Montgomery Bell Academy, Nashville, Tennessee, United States
- 2003–06: Richard Melvoin, Headmaster, Belmont Hill School, Belmont, Massachusetts, United States
- 2006–09: Graham Able, Headmaster, Dulwich College, London, United Kingdom
- 2009–12: Vance Wilson, Headmaster, Saint Albans School, Washington, District of Columbia, United States
- 2012–15: Tony Little, Head Master, Eton College, Windsor, United Kingdom
- 2015–18 : Kerry Brennan, Headmaster, The Roxbury Latin School, West Roxbury, Massachusetts, United States
- 2018–present: Tom Batty, Principal, Scotch College, Melbourne, Hawthorne, Victoria, Australia
Executive Directors of IBSC
- 2001–06: Christopher Wadsworth
- 2006–14: Bradley K. Adams
- 2014–15: Joseph T. Cox
- 2015–present : David M. Armstrong