2019 IBSC Annual Conference
Selwyn House School
Montréal, Québec, Canada
June 26 - 29
Call for Workshop Proposals
Submit your proposal by December 14, 2018.
Examine, debate, and contest the methods educators use to prepare boys for the future. Faculty-led workshops form a cornerstone of the IBSC Annual Conference. The 2019 theme Boys and the Arts: Great Minds, Big Hearts challenges us to dig deep and examine what really matters in the life of a boy. Present a workshop at the 2019 IBSC Annual Conference hosted by Selwyn House School, Montréal, Québec, Canada, June 26 – 29.
How do we impart the skills boys need to prepare for an ever-changing world? What strategies guide them to become responsible and confident young leaders? How can we ensure the educational experiences boys have in the early years (PK-6) inspire them to be lifelong learners? We seek creative, informative, interactive, and inspiring workshops focused on educating boys, embracing the arts, and supporting mental wellness in our communities. Share your wisdom and experience by presenting a workshop. Together let’s explore, discuss, and delve into the myriad possibilities and opportunities educators can provide our boys.
Please read the workshop guidelines below, then Submit a Workshop Proposal.
Your workshop proposal must include the following details:
- Workshop Title
- Abstract (400-character maximum, including spaces)
- Description (1,000-character maximum, including spaces)
- What three questions will your workshop answer? (500-character maximum, including spaces)
- Co-Presenter(s), if any
Submit your workshop proposal by 5:00 PM EST on December 14, 2018. In late January, IBSC will contact all individuals who submitted a workshop proposal with the status of their proposals. For all accepted submissions, IBSC reserves the right to edit the title, description, and outcomes for promotional purposes and in accordance with the IBSC style guide.
Conference workshops run for 60 minutes. Workshop topics must focus on the theme Boys and the Arts: Great Minds, Big Hearts and address at least one of the conference tracks:
- The Heart of the Matter: Boys’ Education
- Boys and the Arts
- Boys and Mental Wellness
- A Focus on the Junior Years: Boys, Arts, Wellness (PK-6).
Workshops must demonstrate best teaching practice in the broadest sense by stimulating discussion among delegates and providing tangible, effective examples to promote the education of boys. Explain to delegates how you have enhanced and or supported the learning experiences of boys and how you prepare them to face the challenges of tomorrow. Where relevant, workshops may include research that supports evidence-based practice and programs.
Consider these different formats for your workshop presentation.
- Individual Presentation: An individual delegate gives an in-depth presentation on a specific practice, approach, or topic relating to the conference theme. Discussion and delegate participation are essential.
- Collaborative Presentation: A team of delegates from the same or different disciplines, schools, or countries presents together on a practice, approach, or topic relating to the conference theme. Discussion and delegate participation are essential.
- Roundtable Discussion: The presenter serves primarily as a moderator to lead a group discussion on a specific topic that relates to the conference theme. The moderator facilitates and manages discussion and participation, and provides summary reflection.
- Other: If your presentation does not fit into one of the above categories, you may describe it during the proposal process.
We encourage all IBSC members to submit a workshop proposal. All teachers and schools have distinct approaches, practices, and programs that have worked especially well, and this provides the perfect venue to impart your experience to colleagues. Thank you for sharing your expertise with our global community of boys’ educators!
When submitting a workshop proposal, please be prepared to log in — have your IBSC username (the email address where you receive IBSC email) and password ready.