2024 IBSC Annual Conference
Harrow on the Hill, London, United Kingdom
Terms and Conditions for Workshop Presenters
Please read the following terms, conditions, and presenter benefits carefully before submitting a proposal.
Workshop Proposal Submission Process
- Completion of the submission form does not guarantee acceptance nor that a workshop proposal will be presented at the IBSC Annual Conference.
- Before submitting a workshop proposal, you must secure support from your school to attend the conference.
- All proposal submissions must be well thought out and relate directly to the conference theme and its tracks. Workshop proposals failing to fulfill this requirement will not be accepted.
- Any proposal that promotes a product, service, or anything representing monetary self-interest will be rejected automatically.
- The person submitting the proposal will serve as the primary contact for this workshop.
- The person submitting the proposal must connect directly to the proposal by either serving as presenter of the workshop or working for/representing the person named as the workshop presenter.
- Only proposals submitted through IBSC's Workshop Proposal Submission website will be considered. Incomplete workshop proposals cannot be considered.
- All workshops should have a member from an IBSC school as part of their submission.
- All co-presenter(s) must agree to all terms and conditions for participation.
- You must provide the co-presenter's name, title, organization, and valid email address.
- The person submitting the proposal is responsible for communicating with co-presenter(s) regarding acceptance or rejection, deadlines, and all other submission details.
- We strongly recommend a group or panel not exceed four (4) presenters including the moderator.
- Upon receiving notice that your proposal has been selected for presentation at a specific IBSC event, IBSC will provide the lead presenter with information regarding workshop scheduling and details. By submitting the workshop proposal, presenter(s) agree to all requirements in the terms and conditions.
- For all accepted submissions, IBSC reserves the right to edit the title, description, and outcomes for promotional purposes and in accordance with the IBSC style guide.
- All presenters must adhere to the policies, procedures, and deadlines established. This ensures timely publication of all information for our attendees to view and helps us meet all your workshop needs.
- IBSC events are noncommercial forums. Under no circumstances may a presenter promote a product, service, or anything else representing monetary self-interest. Failure to comply will impact future consideration. Please direct any questions about this policy or a specific presentation to the IBSC chief operating officer at ahart@theIBSC.org.
Each workshop room will have the following standard room setup.
- Classroom seating (~30 seats)
- A projector and appropriate adaptors for both PC and MAC users
- Whiteboard and dry-erase markers
- Internet connection
IBSC remains committed to providing outstanding professional development opportunities for our members and attendees. IBSC is fortunate to work with presenters who understand and share this commitment to supporting IBSC and our member schools. This support provides the foundation for the depth and breadth of exceptional quality of education that our community expects and deserves and the IBSC reputation represents.
Workshop presenters must:
- Obtain financial support from your school or organization for travel and expenses to attend the conference. This includes registration for the entire conference (one-day rates are not available). Conducting workshops is pro bono work. IBSC does not offer remuneration or honoraria to workshop presenters.
- Register for the conference by April 1, 2024.
- Make your own hotel and travel arrangements for the conference, for which you are financially responsible.
- Submit workshop materials to be posted on the IBSC website prior to the conference. All materials must be in PDF format. To save paper IBSC posts workshop materials electronically only.
- Serve as primary contact (if you are the lead presenter) and communicate all conference details, deadlines, and responsibilities to co-presenter(s).
- Receive your final workshop room assignment from IBSC two weeks prior to the conference start date. IBSC reserves the right to change or adjust rooms and/or audiovisual equipment at any time at its sole discretion.
Application Deadline and Notice of Decision
- Submit all proposals by 12:00 noon EST on December 15, 2023.
- By January 31, IBSC will contact all individuals who submitted a workshop proposal with the status of their proposals.
If you have any questions, please contact Amy Ahart at ahart@theIBSC.org.