IBSC Annual Conference
The IBSC Annual Conference serves as the flagship of our growing professional development offerings. Each year it brings together more than 600 educators from around the world to champion boys' education, an important expression of our global mission and impact. This unique event stands out for its superior quality of speakers and sessions, creative inspiration of the program, warm hospitality of our host schools, and special opportunity to meet and share views with educators — like you — who remain steadfastly dedicated to equipping boys with the tools they need to survive and thrive in our rapidly changing world.
Click or tap the bars below for details about upcoming and past IBSC Annual Conferences.
- 2019 IBSC Annual Conference, Quebec, Canada
- 2018 IBSC Annual Conference, Southport, Australia, "Our Boys, Their Future: Learning to Lead"
- 2017 IBSC Annual Conference, Baltimore, Maryland, United States, "Beyond Innovation"
- 2016 IBSC Annual Conference, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, "Boys as Global Citizens"
- 2015 IBSC Annual Conference, Cape Town, South Africa, "Lessons from Madiba"
- 2014 IBSC Annual Conference, Nashville, Tennessee, United States, "Building Boys into Good Men"
- 2013 IBSC Annual Conference, Richmond, Virginia, United States, "Brother to Brother"
- Past IBSC Annual Conferences
The 2017 IBSC Annual Conference takes place at The Boys' Latin School of Maryland in Baltimore, Maryland, United States 25-28 June. Join us to explore the theme Beyond Innovation: Creativity | Discovery | Engagement.
With over 650 registered attendees, the 2015 Annual Conference was a resounding success that exceeded all expectations. Educators from around the globe—spanning 12 countries and 5 continenents—came together to explore best practices in teaching boys, engage in lively discsussions, kindle friendships old and new, and share in the melting pot that is Cape Town, South Africa.
Review the conference archive which includes workshop materials, audios from plenary sessions, and the program booklet.
Visit the conference archive workshop materials, program, and conference videos and photos.
The theme of the conference,Building Boys into Good Men, was the launching pad that helped focus an exploration of best practices for teaching boys. Underlying the entire social aspect of the event was a focus on the many types of music for which Nashville is famous.
The theme of the 2013 IBSC Annual Conference, Brother to Brother: Looking In, Reaching Out, helped focus an exploration of best practices for teaching boys now — at this particular time in history, in this rapidly changing world we all share. Topics and themes woven through the conference program included social and emotional learning; character education; mentoring and leadership initiatives; local and global action and service learning; spirituality; and team work and collaboration.