IBSC School Health and Well-Being Summit
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
April 5, 2019
Join us in Toronto as Crescent School hosts its second IBSC School Health and Well-Being Summit on Friday, April 5. Delve into how schools can best support the health and well-being of the students in their care in this highly informative and practical one-day workshop.
This year’s conference features two leading experts in the field of health and well-being: Denise Pope, senior lecturer at the Stanford University Graduate School of Education, and Michael Reichert, executive director of the Center for the Study of Boys’ and Girls’ Lives, a research collaborative in a partnership with the University of Pennsylvania, and supervising psychologist for The Haverford School (United States).
Guided by Headmaster Michael Fellin, Pope, and Reichert, learn how to develop a school environment that nurtures the well-being of boys. Investigate current research and engage in meaningful conversations on topics such as:
- How can an emphasis on grades, test scores, and performance inhibit thriving and limit potential?
- How can we empower students to become resilient, ethical, and motivated learners?
- What does the latest research on well-being say about the school support systems that help boys thrive?
- What practical strategies can we use to create a school environment that nurtures the well-being of boys?
- How can we create space for boys to be vulnerable?
- How can we shift cultural conversations around boyhood?
Collaborate with colleagues and glean practical insights from these sessions to bring back to your school community to further your efforts to nurture the well-being of the boys in your care. We look forward to seeing you for another engaging conference.
For anyone in need of a hotel, The Westin Prince, Toronto is a 10-drive from the school.