Who Should Attend?
The IBSC selects boys from member schools worldwide to participate in the IBSC Student Forum. Boys must be in their penultimate grade of high school in January/February. Each school must also register a school mentor to support and accompany the student to and from Gold Coast in July.
Ideal candidates for the IBSC Student Forum include boys who are:
- In their penultimate year of high school as of January/February 2018 (or younger if they have the maturity and poise to be strong contributors to the IBSC Student Forum);
- Outstanding members and representatives of their school communities who have demonstrated a strong interest in servant-leadership in their home communities; and
- Well organized and self-motivated, with an openness and readiness to participate fully in all aspects of the program.
The program requires the participation of a school mentor from each school. For detailed requirements please consult Mentor Responsibilities. Among other things, the mentor:
- May work in any capacity at the school (teacher, coach, administrator, staff, etc.).
- Provides local support and guidance for the student and serves as the local contact for the leaders of the IBSC Student Forum.
- Meets with the student on a regular basis to review progress leading up to attending the 2018 IBSC Student Forum in Gold Coast.
- Informs the Head of School and the student's parents/guardians about the IBSC Student Forum.
- Chaperones the student during all travel to and from Gold Coast in July.
- Participates as needed in the IBSC Student Forum program while in Gold Coast, including either supervisory duty in student lodging or daytime chaperone duty.