How can building trust during a collaborative dramatic study of Shakespeare enhance engagement for Year 9 English students?
Collaboration and the Power of Learning Groups
Read the description of
Collaboration and the Power of Learning Groups.
Gain valuable insight from action research conducted by colleagues when you download their final reports below. Congratulations to each member of the 2016-17 IBSC Action Research cohort. We applaud your hard work, persistence, and dedication to your project. Your research enhances best practice in educating boys.
Select from the following researchers, published here as exemplars.
- Dave Arnall
- Annette Briscoe
- Chloe Collett
- Paul Harrington
- Cath Hogan
- Russel McCool
- Isabelle Moore
- Samantha Scheepers
- Lynn Terman
- Anita Trolese
The above reports fulfilled demanding criteria.
- The report was well written, pitched at appropriate level, and followed the structure provided.
- The project itself served as an example of genuine and rigorous action research.
- The "action" proved appropriate and relevant in the school environment.
- The project provided valuable findings on the overarching topic Collaboration and the Power of Group Learning.
- The literature review included synthesized, not just described, relevant literature.
- The literature referenced directly boys' education.
- Data analysis was sound and conclusions were appropriately drawn.
2016-17: Collaboration (38 Reports)
Reports ordered alphabetically by title. Click/tap on report titles to read full report posting.
How might changing the language of collaboration from group to team, foster collaborative skills in High School boys?
Will the joint drafting of an accountability agreement develop the key competencies required for effective collaboration within the environmental club?
How can developing a culture of empathy foster interdependence within year 9 Technology learning groups?
“How can Communication Skills in Grade 9 boys be enhanced to improve collaboration in a Design Challenge ?
What are the effects of collaborative 2-stage testing on Grade 11 and 12 boys’ performance in Environmental Studies ?
What effect will collaborative goal setting have on the self-efficacy of 10th Grade boys?
How might the explicit teaching of collaborative skills in a study of Macbeth enhance powerful group learning and understanding for Year 7 boys?
How might a focus on active listening strategies enhance collaborative skills for 9 year-old boys?