Director of Member Engagement
The director of member engagement reports to the chief operating officer, develops and executes the IBSC member recruitment program, and administers the planning, organization, and direction of all regional and online professional development offerings.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The director of member engagement will:
- Serve as the lead person of all membership efforts.
- Develop, refine, and execute the member recruitment program for IBSC.
- Follow up with lapsed and expired members regularly to encourage retention.
- Maintain membership recruitment and retention reports monthly.
- Gather demographic information relative to our industry to develop and continuously improve member loyalty.
- Maintain established membership benefits. Investigate and recommend new benefits to increase the value of membership.
- Manage, maintain, and keep current IBSC membership database, including prospective members.
- Develop a new member welcome and on-boarding program.
- Partner with the Director of Communications on key messages and marketing materials for IBSC membership.
- Serve as first point of contact for IBSC members via phone and email.
- Visit and meet with member schools as determined by the Executive Director.
- Work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and Executive Director on oversight and implementation of all professional development offerings.
- Direct, manage, create, and evaluate regional professional development programs and courses for educators of boys by establishing course objectives; developing programs, schedules, and agendas; creating content for website and marketing purposes; building budgets; and evaluating programs.
- Develop courses and workshops based on IBSC- sponsored research initiatives.
- Create, participate, and support online opportunities through webinars and other online offerings.
- Oversee billing management and registration reconciliation for regional professional development events and online courses.
- Design, conduct, and report results of program evaluations.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist with annual convention planning process and on-site convention management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Education, Experience, and Character
The director of member engagement must have:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Curriculum experience for adult learners.
- Senior-level executive experience at a boys' school and extensive knowledge of best practices in boys' education preferred.
- Superior organization skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and task orientation.
- Ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously, working accurately and quickly to respond to customer requests and internal deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
Candidates should submit electronically to Amy Ahart, chief operating officer, email@example.com: