Starting in February 2020, researchers actively engage in the program.
- February 2020: Researchers review the main action research website and submit a short biographical introduction and photo to the program coordinator to post on the site.
- March – June 2020: Researchers meet their team advisors and participate in guided online discussions with fellow researchers. Researchers familiarize themselves with the various technologies used for these interactions. Discussions focus on selected readings on both the action research process and the research topic. Researchers must complete short, online activities based on these readings, which guide the development of their final research proposal. The recommended text for the program is Action Research: Improving Schools and Empowering Educators (5th Ed) by Craig A. Mertler.
- July 6 – 11, 2020 IBSC Annual Conference, Viaró Global School, Barcelona, Spain
Researchers attend a two-day orientation and training program. Training starts at 9:00 AM on Monday, July 6, and concludes at 2:00 PM on Wednesday, July 8.
Researchers attend the 2020 IBSC Annual Conference July 8 – 11.
- July/August 2020 – May 2021: Supported online through the stages of the project by a team advisor and fellow researchers, researchers undertake an action research project in their school. They actively participate in regular online discussions during the project period and meet the deadlines for completing the stages of research and presentation of findings. Researchers must submit a detailed research plan by mid-August 2020, so please factor this deadline into any holiday plans after the IBSC Annual Conference.
- May 2021: Researchers submit their action research findings as a written report or alternate final product approved by the program coordinator. The written report runs 3,000 – 5,000 words. The researcher must ensure the report is formally edited and correctly referenced, using the APA guidelines. IBSC reserves the right to further edit the final report in preparation for publishing on its website. We encourage participants to publish or present their projects elsewhere with appropriate acknowledgment of IBSC as the sponsoring organization.
- May – June 2021: Researchers produce a short multimedia presentation, a video, and a poster of their action research project for display and presentation at the 2021 IBSC Annual Conference. The presentation, video, poster, and report publish on the IBSC website as resources for educators.
- June 26, 2021: Researchers meet with their team advisor and fellow researchers the day before the 2021 IBSC Annual Conference opens at St. Mark’s School of Texas in Dallas, Texas, United States to finalize and share their presentations ahead of the conference.
- June 27 – 30, 2021: Researchers attend the 2021 IBSC Annual Conference at St. Mark’s School of Texas in Dallas, Texas, United States, and present their research findings in workshop sessions.