Starting in March 2024, researchers actively engage in the program.
- March 2024: Researchers review the main action research website and submit a short biographical introduction and photo to the program coordinator to post on the site.
- April – June 2024: Researchers meet their team advisors and participate in guided online discussions with fellow researchers. Researchers familiarize themselves with the various technologies used for these interactions. Discussions focus on selected readings on both the action research process and the research topic. Researchers must complete short, online activities based on these readings, which guide the development of their final research proposal. The recommended text for the program is Action Research: A Guide for the Teacher Researcher (6th Ed) by Geoffrey E, Mills.
- July 2024: IBSC Annual Conference, Harrow School, Harrow on the Hill, London, United Kingdom
- Researchers attend a two-day orientation and training program. Training starts at 9:00 AM on Saturday, June 29, and concludes at 2:00 PM on Monday, July 1.
- Researchers attend the 2024 IBSC Annual Conference July 1 – 4.
- July/August 2024 – May 2025: Supported online through the stages of the project by a team advisor and fellow researchers, researchers undertake an action research project in their school. They actively participate in regular online discussions during the project period and meet the deadlines for completing the stages of research and presentation of findings. Researchers must submit a detailed research plan by mid-August 2024, so please factor this deadline into any holiday plans after the IBSC Annual Conference.
- April 2025: Researchers produce short video of their action research project for the IBSC website.
- May 2025: Researchers submit their action research findings as a 3,000 – 5,000 word written report. The researcher must ensure the report is formally edited and correctly referenced, using the APA 7 guidelines. IBSC reserves the right to further edit the final report in preparation for publishing on its website. We encourage participants to publish or present their projects elsewhere with appropriate acknowledgment of IBSC as the sponsoring organization.
- June 2025: IBSC Annual Conference, Belmont Hill School, Belmont, Massachusetts, United States
- June 21, 2025: Researchers meet with their team advisor and fellow researchers the day before the 2025 IBSC Annual Conference opens to practice and finalize their presentations ahead of the conference.
- June 22-25, 2025: Researchers attend the 2025 IBSC Annual Conference at Belmont Hill School, Belmont, Massachusetts, United States, and present their research findings in workshop sessions.