Who Should Apply?
- IBSC seeks applications from individual educators in primary, middle, or senior school levels who want to conduct action research projects in their schools on the topic Developing Agency: Boy Voice and Choice. The program is ideally suited to first-time research projects.
- Individuals must develop projects that focus on a small number of participants (approximately 10-25 boys).
- All accepted action researchers must register, pay for, and attend both the 2019 IBSC Annual Conference at Selwyn House School in Montréal, Québec, Canada , June 26-29, and the 2020 IBSC Annual Conference at Viaró School in Barcelona, Spain, July 8-11, to receive training in action research. This required attendance is vital to gain face-to-face contact to establish a sense of community.
- Applicants should be passionate about the topic, thoughtful, well organized, and prepared to collaborate online using technologies such as Google Sites, WhatsApp Groups, Skype, and Facebook.
- In addition to time spent undertaking action research in their schools, participants spend 3–4 hours per week on average participating in online discussions with fellow researchers, reading and researching, and preparing submissions for their research report.
- Review The Role of the Researcher for a detailed overview of the action researcher responsibilities.